Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Should you always have a plan B?

Everything is going right, you love your work and you've worked hard to get there. You may imagine yourself doing something else down the road, but for the moment, you are perfectly content. But with your professional life just where you want it, is it reasonable to be wondering what you would do if it all fell apart tomorrow?

I think the answer is yes. I think it's important to always be thinking about the 'what if'' scenario and have at least a basic idea of where you might go and what you might do if you got thrown out of your office tomorrow.

This thought process doesn't illustrate disloyalty, it's more a recognition that your employer is not beyond failure. It also is a understanding that you, like everyone else is totally expendable. be clear gente, everyone, has a replacement.

I always have my resume around. I love what I do and I love working where I do, but I can't be so naive as to think I'll be here for life. How does your resume look, right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment